Q: What are scrolls
in the context of Chinese painting?
A: It's a form of mounting.
Scrolled Chinese paintings are easy to be stored and easy to be hung.
To hang a horizontal scroll:
1) insert nails (a pen above for safety's sake) into strings on
both ends of the scroll
2) twist, at least 90 degrees, until you think the strings have gotten a
3) pull both sides to stretch the scroll
4) now the fun part, HAMMER!!!
5) sit back and appreciate the painting
6) wait, is it a little slanted to the left?
2000-2003 FunAlliance.com. All rights reserved.